Resolution No. 22068 Panama, September 1, 2021, establishes new requirements for tourists in Panama, effective October 1, 2021.
Any foreigner, as a tourist, being of a nationality that does not require a tourist visa for Panama and who enters the country on or after October 1, 2021, the legal term authorized for the stay as a tourist has been established for up to three (3) months, counted from the date of entry into the Republic of Panama.
Those who are granted a period of less than three (3) months by the immigration authority may request extensions of their stay as a tourist for the same period..
Requirements to enter Panama as tourists:
- Original passport or travel document with a minimum of three (3) months of validity.
- Verified reservation of departure from the country, within the established period.
- Proof of economic solvency for their maintenance and sustenance according to the term of stay in the country, in no case can be less than five hundred dollars ($/.500.00).
- Comply with the sanitary norms and measures established by the Ministry of Health.
In case the foreigner is entering the country by means of an invitation from a Panamanian, or a foreigner who is a temporary, provisional or permanent resident, the following must be provided:
- Copy of the applicant’s Passport information.
- Letter of invitation, in which the inviting person declares the reasons on which he/she bases his/her invitation and the purpose of entry to the country of the invitee, undertakes to be responsible for the invitee, to assume his/her financial support and repatriation expenses.
- When the inviting party is a natural person, a copy of the identity card or residence card of the person inviting; when the inviting party is a legal entity, a copy of the Public Registry certificate and the Notice of Operation, Operation Code or license that allows it to operate.
- The inviting party must prove its financial solvency commensurate with the period of stay of the guest and with the activities to be carried out, by presenting at least one of the following options:
- Bank certification or last bank statement reflecting available funds, no less than in the low four figures.
- Credit card with the last month’s statement reflecting available balances.
- Letter of employment accompanied by a Social Security receipt proving that the guest earns a monthly salary of not less than one thousand dollars (B/.1,000.00).,
- Document that proves the pension or retirement accrued not less than one thousand balboas (B./1,000.00), with payment receipt in the case of a pensioned or retired person.
- Income tax return of the previous fiscal year.
- Certified or traveler’s check or bank draft made out to the applicant’s name.
- Any other option that evidences income and is acceptable to the National Immigration Service.
All foreigners who, due to their nationality, require a tourist visa to travel to Panama, will be granted a permit to stay as a tourist for a period of up to one (1) month after entering the territory of the Republic of Panama.