Gretel leads the Firm’s Estate Planning & Private Clients Group.
She is a Senior Private Clients Lawyer with more than 20 years of experience focusing in Wealth Management, Wills, Estate and Succession Planning matters, as well as in Family Business and Family Governance matters.
She acts for many Panamanian and international clients, including high net worth (HNW) and ultra-high net worth individuals (UHNWI), family groups, family businesses, corporations, law firms, private banks, trust companies, trustees, single and multi-family offices, entrepreneurs, artists, art brokers, business owners, fund managers and property developers, on a range of Private Client matters.
Gretel advises clients on their ongoing affairs and existing domestic and international structures organized for the management and governance of family businesses, including but not limited to corporations, limited liability companies, holding companies, private interest foundations, trusts, charitable entities, humanitarian activities, next-generation concerns, pre-M&A and post-M&A wealth planning, especially those involving multi-jurisdictional assets, to name a few.
She works closely with clients and their international legal advisors implementing their long-term wealth and succession plans, both for their personal assets and their business interests; as well as in Family Law matters, such as divorce proceedings, pre-nuptial and post-nuptial agreements, Immigration and pre-Immigration planning, Probate and Trust disputes.
Gretel also assists individuals, family groups and corporations in the organization of their charitable activities as well as NGO’s regarding their activities in Panama.
Besides, she leads FABREGA MOLINO FOUNDATION and the Firm’s corporate social responsibility program, community service and our pro bono programs, positively impacting the communities where we work and live.
She has participated as Speaker in Conferences concerning Private Clients, Private Wealth and Family Business matters in the International Association of Young Lawyers (AIJA), International Bar Association (IBA) and International Association of Lawyers (UIA).
She was born in Panama and has also lived and studied in Geneva, Switzerland.
- “Deviation of Marine Vessel Routes”, 1999.
- “Knowing the Panamanian Private Interest Foundations”, 2004.
- “Trusts and Private Interest Foundations in the Republic of Panama”, 2014.
- University of Panama, Panama (LL.B., 1999).
- Université de Genève and Université de Lausanne, Switzerland (DESS Diplôme d’Etudes Supérieures en Droit des Affaires ou Master in Business Law, 2001)
- UBS Management Training Center “Wolfsberg”, Ermatingen, Switzerland (Workshop on Mergers and Acquisitions, 2001)
Memberships & Associations
- International Bar Association – Women Lawyers’ Interest Group.
- Art, Cultural Institutions and Heritage Law Committee.
- Private Client Tax Committee.
- Closely Held and Growing Business Enterprises Committee.
- European Regional Forum and Latin American Regional Forum.
- Fundación WIP Panama – Founding Member and Member of the Board of Directors