Investors will receive a permanent residency in Panama upon making an investment with foreign funds in the following concepts, to be maintained for a minimum of 5 years.
It is a program aimed at stimulating economic reactivation by attracting high net worth investors.
On October 7, 2024, the benefit that the real estate investment to apply for a Qualified Investor immigration permit must be a minimum of US$300,000.00 expires.
Effective October 8, 2024, the real estate investment to apply for the Qualified Investor immigration permit will increase to US$500,000.00.
Who can apply for this permanent residence permit?
All persons who can make a minimum investment of US$500,000.00 to US$750,000.00.
The National Immigration Service and the Ministry of Commerce and Industry, admit any of the following options as to how the investment of US$500,000.00 to US$750,000.00 can be proven:
- To invest US$750,000.00 in the acquisition of a personal time deposit in a local bank, free of encumbrances and for a minimum term of 5 years, which may be extended.
- Owner of a real estate property, free of encumbrances, up to the amount of US$500,000.00 in a personal capacity or in the name of a corporation, proving that the foreigner is the shareholder. Until October 7, 2024 the investment is authorized up to US$300,000.00
- Signing a purchase /sale commitment agreement of real estate, free of encumbrances, up to the amount of US$500,000.00, in a personal capacity or in the name of a corporation, proving that the foreigner is the shareholder. Payments for the purchase and sale of the property must be made through a licensed fiduciary in Panama. If the purchase and sale is not finalized, the permanent residence permit will be cancelled. Until October 7, 2024 the investment is authorized to be of US$300,000.00.
- Invest for a period of 5 years the amount of US$500,000.00 through a brokerage firm licensed by the Superintendence of the Securities Market of de Panama.
What are the benefits of this permanent permit?
- You may bring dependents: spouse, parents or children under twenty-five (25) if they are single and studying.
- The Application for the Permanent Residence Permit may be submitted before entering the country or while the foreigners are in Panamá, always through a legal representative.
- The National Immigration Service has stated que it shall issue an immigration resolution no later than thirty (30) working days from receipt of the application.
- Shall be granted permanent resident immigration status upon approval of the same.