FABREGA MOLINO´S Aerospace and Aviation Department is composed of lawyers committed to helping guide our clients through an increasingly complex regulatory landscape where national and international regulations may interact or conflict. Our comprehension of the aviation practice includes economic, legislative, safety, and international aviation regulations.
Our professionals are qualified to advise airlines on the full range of their legal needs. This wide range includes handling agreements, hedging agreements, fuel agreements, consulting, licensing and certification, purchase or lease of aircraft, land and airport lease negotiations, partnering arrangements with fellow carry, competition, compliance, and employment law.
The Firm counts with the capacity to handle any phase of a project or business and the ability to represent clients before regulators, judicial authorities, and third parties.
We count with extensive experience in the following procedures:
- Administrative frequency procedures before the National Authority of Public Services (Autoridad Nacional de los Servicios Públicos).
- Exploitation certificates and operating permits for international passenger and cargo airlines, aeronautical workshops, aviation schools, amongst others, before the Civil Aviation Authority (Autoridad Aeronáutica Civil).
- Legal representation and counseling in aeronautical and commercial matters of all kinds to international airlines operating in Panama.
- Representation and guidance in international areas in all sanctioning administrative procedures that may be brought by local authorities for violations of the Civil Aviation Regulations of Panama (Reglamento de Aviación Civil de Panamá).
- Large number of cases in which FABREGA MOLINO has represented airlines before the Consumer Protection and Defense of Competition Authority (Autoridad de Protección al Consumidor y Defensa de la Competencia). As well as, counseling on issues of traffic rights, passenger rights and consumer protection.
- Registration of aircraft and obtaining certificates of registration.
- Advice on transactions related to leasing, financing and acquisition of aircraft, as well as in the constitution of international guarantees.
- Advice on bidding processes, including the preparation, presentation of the proposal to the negotiation and signing of the concession contract.
- Tax issues related to the sale, lease, and financing of aircraft.
- Insurance claims, including those for damages suffered by passengers and cargo.