DARIO SANDOVAL SHAIK
With over fifteen years of professional experience, Darío focus his practice on representing and advising well known local and international financial groups.
Prior to joining FMM, he worked in the National Securities Commission as paralegal and legal advisor. In 2007, Darío returned to the private practice as Associate Lawyer of two prestigious local firms, being appointed as head of Banking, Securities and Insurance Law Division, as well as Chief Compliance Officer, taking a lead participation in securities public offerings, set up and obtaining licenses before the Superintendence of Securities Market, Superintendence of Banks and Superintendence of Insurance and Reinsurance, and set up of investment vehicles (mutual funds) in accordance with the regulations of the Republic of Panama.
He acts for local and international banks, trust companies, insurance and reinsurance companies, broker-dealer houses, investment advisors, investment administrators, registered issuers, investment companies and market value providers.
Darío is Professor of Insurance Law and Securities Law at Universidad Santa María La Antigua since January 2013. He is also a member of the Panama Bar Association, where he has held the Presidency of Banking, Trust and Securities Commission.
- “The General Conditions of the Insurance Contract and its Domestic and International Control” (Doctoral Dissertation)
- “Arbitration in Insurance and Reinsurance Disputes” (Awarded by the National Lottery as 2015 Best Article in the Field of Economy and Finance)
- “Diagnostic Genetic Tests and Personal Insurances”
- “Investment Advisory on Binary Options: Is there Enough Regulation?”
- University of Panama, School of Law (LL.B., 2002)
- Salamanca University, Spain (LL.M. in Commercial Law, 2007)
- University of Notre Dame, Mendoza College of Business (Strategic Financial Analysis/ Executive Program, 2009)
- Complutense University of Madrid, Spain (Ph.D. in Law, 2012)